CALL FOR PROPOSALS
CLIMATE SMART AGRICULTURE GRANT FUNDING FOR FISHERS & FISHERFOLKS
DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 3, 2020
The objective of the Climate Smart Agriculture and Rural Enterprise Programme (SAEP) is to improve the livelihoods and resilience of beneficiaries by accessing new jobs, start-up businesses or consolidate new businesses and adopt Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA) practices. This is aimed at increasing the sustainability of beneficiaries and will assist farmers including backyard gardeners and members of rural communities and youth, to have a better understanding of climate change (CC) issues.
WHO CAN APPLY
Beneficiaries of the Climate Smart Agriculture & Rural Enterprise Programme (SAEP) who would have received technical and extension support from the Fisheries Assistants.
WHAT DOES THE GRANT FUND
- Aquaculture (Fresh Water Fish Production)/Mariculture (Sea-moss Production)
- Four (4) Strokes Boat Engines
- Packaging materials including Labels
- Innovative Technology (Fishing Aggregate Devices- FAD)
- Equipment (New)
- Specialized technical assistance, permissions and certifications
- Sustainable fishing equipment/gears (New)
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUBMITTING PROPOSALS
- Must be registered or willing to be registered with the Fisheries Department and is actively involved in fishing;
- Must submit copy of health certificate where applicable;
- Must indicate intended method of fishing and/or type of engine to be used;
- Willingness to make 20% equity contribution (of which 10% in cash).
- All supporting documents listed must accompany the proposal
HOW MUCH WILL THE GRANT FUNDING PROVIDE
Maximum funding of USD $8,000 ($21,505.60 XCD). Beneficiary’s contribution should be 20% equity, of which 10% in cash.
HOW TO APPLY
Completed Proposals should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before November 3, 2020. Call our office 442-0105 for additional information.