CALL FOR PROPOSALS
CLIMATE SMART AGRICULTURE GRANT FUNDING FOR
CLIMATE SMART AGRICULTURE GRANT FUNDING FOR VALUE ADDED PRODUCTION (SEAMOSS & AGRO-FOOD PROCESSING)
DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 16TH, 2022
The objective of the Climate Smart Agriculture and Rural Enterprise Programme (SAEP) is to improve the livelihoods and resilience of beneficiaries by accessing new jobs, start-up businesses or consolidate new businesses and adopt Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA) practices. This is aimed at increasing the sustainability of beneficiaries and will assist farmers including backyard gardeners and members of rural communities Women and youth, to have a better understanding of climate change (CC) issues.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Beneficiaries of the Climate Smart Agriculture & Rural Enterprise Programme (SAEP) who would have received technical and extension support from SAEP’s Extension Assistants.
WHAT DOES THE GRANT FUND?
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUBMITTING PROPOSALS
- Must be registered or willing to be registered as a producer.
- Must submit copy of health certificate where applicable.
- Must be willing to participate in capacity building trainings – food safety, marketing etc
- Willingness to make 20% equity contribution (of which 10% in cash).
- All supporting documents listed must accompany the proposal.
HOW MUCH WILL THE GRANT FUNDING PROVIDE?
Maximum funding of USD $8,000 ($21,505.60 XCD). Beneficiary’s contribution should be 20% equity, of which 10% in cash.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please send your applications to email@example.com on or before Friday September 16th, 2022. Forms may be downloaded from the website saep.gov.gd. or can be collected at the Ministry of Agriculture Extension Division Offices and SAEP’s Office, or the Ministry of Carriacou & Petite Martinique Affairs Office.
ENVIRONMENAL AND SOCIAL MANAGEMENT REQUIREMENTS
The Project funded by this initiative must provide a mitigation plan e.g. Management Plan for any potential Social and Environmental issues that may occur during its implementation. To determine if the plan is required, review the following environmental related questions which are applicable to your project:
- Does the proposal allow for social equity with the inclusion of women and youth?
- Does the proposal allow for the social upliftment including the improvement of livelihood?
- Does the proposal include the construction of infrastructure?
- Does the implementation of the proposal require abstraction of water including withdrawal of groundwater, rivers, ponds, streams?
- Does the proposal include expansion of agricultural land area?
- Does the proposal promote the feeding or processing of animals (poultry or livestock)?
- Does the proposal include waste disposal of agricultural or fish related products?
- Does your proposal involve use of water or access to it?
- Does your proposal involve storage and use of fuel?
If the answers to any of the following questions are “yes” please include in the proposal an identification of the potential risks and the respective mitigation measure which will be used.