CALL FOR PROPOSALS READVERTISED
CLIMATE SMART AGRICULTURE GRANT FUNDING FOR FISHERS & FISHERFOLKS
DEADLINE: MAY 7, 2021
The objective of the Climate Smart Agriculture and Rural Enterprise Programme (SAEP) is to improve the livelihoods and resilience of beneficiaries by accessing new jobs, start-up businesses or consolidate new businesses and adopt Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA) practices. This is aimed at increasing the sustainability of beneficiaries and will assist farmers including backyard gardeners and members of rural communities and youth, to have a better understanding of climate change (CC) issues.
WHO CAN APPLY
Beneficiaries of the Climate Smart Agriculture & Rural Enterprise Programme (SAEP) who would have received technical and extension support from the Fisheries Assistants.
WHAT DOES THE GRANT FUND
- Aquaculture (Fresh Water Fish Production)/Mariculture (Sea-moss Production)
- Four (4) Strokes Boat Engines
- Packaging materials including Labels
- Innovative Technology (Fishing Aggregate Devices- FAD)
- Equipment (New)
- Specialized technical assistance, permissions and certifications
- Sustainable fishing equipment/gears (New)
- Must be registered or willing to be registered with the Fisheries Department and is actively involved in fishing;
- Must submit copy of health certificate where applicable;
- Must indicate intended method of fishing and/or type of engine to be used;
- Willingness to make 20% equity contribution (of which 10% in cash).
- All supporting documents listed must accompany the proposal
HOW MUCH WILL THE GRANT FUNDING PROVIDE
Maximum funding of USD $8,000 ($21,505.60 XCD). Beneficiary’s contribution should be 20% equity, of which 10% in cash.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your applications to [email protected] on or before Friday May 7, 2021. Applications will be accepted from SAEP Beneficiaries only. Please call to find out more information on how to become a SAEP Beneficiary.
ENVIRONMENAL AND SOCIAL MANAGEMENT REQUIREMENTS
The Project funded by this initiative must provide a mitigation plan e.g. Management Plan for any potential Environmental issues that may occur during its implementation. To determine if the plan is required, review the following environmental related questions which are applicable to your project:
- Does the proposal include the construction of infrastructure?
- Will the activities in the proposal include use of agrochemical pesticides and/or fertilizers?
- Does the implementation of the proposal require withdrawal of groundwater?
- Does the proposal include expansion of agricultural land area?
- Does the proposal promote the feeding or processing of animals (poultry or livestock)?
- Does the proposal include waste disposal of agricultural or fish related products?
- Does your proposal involve use of water or access to it?
- Does your proposal involve storage and use of fuel?
If the answers to any of the following questions are “yes” please include in the proposal an identification of the potential risks and the respective mitigation measure which will be used.