CALL FOR PROPOSALS READVERTISED
CLIMATE SMART AGRICULTURE GRANT FUNDING FOR BACKYARD GARDENING
DEADLINE: MAY 7, 2021
The objective of the Climate Smart Agriculture and Rural Enterprise Programme (SAEP) is to improve the livelihoods and resilience of beneficiaries by accessing new jobs, start-up businesses or consolidate new businesses and adopt Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA) practices. This is aimed at increasing the sustainability of beneficiaries and will assist farmers including backyard gardeners and members of rural communities and youth, to have a better understanding of climate change (CC) issues.
WHO CAN APPLY
Beneficiaries of the Climate Smart Agriculture & Rural Enterprise Programme (SAEP) who would have received technical and extension support from the Extension Assistants.
WHAT DOES THE GRANT FUND
- Soil and Water Management (e.g. Soil Conservation; Rain Water Harvesting; Storage; Distribution and Application; Land Preparation, etc.)
- Plant Agronomics (e.g. IPM, Fertilizer Management including composting)
- Drip Irrigation Systems (New)
- Equipment (New)
- Inputs (New)
- All supporting document must accompany the proposal
- Willingness/ability to make 5% equity contribution (in kind or in cash).
HOW MUCH WILL THE GRANT FUNDING PROVIDE
Maximum funding of US $1,000.00 ($2,688.20 XCD) per household. Beneficiary’s contribution should be 5% equity, in kind.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday May 7, 2021. Applications will be accepted from SAEP Beneficiaries only. Please call to find out more information on how to become a SAEP Beneficiary.