CALL FOR PROPOSALS
CLIMATE SMART AGRICULTURE GRANT FUNDING FOR BACKYARD GARDENING
DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 16TH, 2022
The objective of the Climate Smart Agriculture and Rural Enterprise Programme (SAEP) is to improve the livelihoods and resilience of beneficiaries by accessing new jobs, start-up businesses or consolidate new businesses and adopt Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA) practices. This is aimed at increasing the sustainability of beneficiaries and will assist farmers including backyard gardeners and members of rural communities including women and youth, to have a better understanding of climate change (CC) issues.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Beneficiaries of the Climate Smart Agriculture & Rural Enterprise Programme (SAEP) who would have received technical and extension support from SAEP’s Extension Assistants.
WHAT DOES THE GRANT FUND?
- Soil and Water Management (e.g. Soil Conservation; Rain Water Harvesting; Storage; Distribution and Application; Land Preparation, etc.)
- Plant Agronomics (e.g. IPM, Fertilizer Management including composting)
- Drip Irrigation Systems (New)
- Equipment (New)
- Inputs (New)- seeds varietal,
- Livestock- small ruminants, rabbitry (housing, water distribution etc)
- Must have access rights to 1/8 to ¼ acre of backyard farm plot
- All supporting documents must accompany the proposal
- Willingness/ability to make 5% equity contribution (in kind).
HOW MUCH WILL THE GRANT FUNDING PROVIDE?
Maximum funding of US $1,000.00 ($2,688.20 XCD) per household. Beneficiary’s contribution should be 5% equity, in kind.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday September 16th, 2022. Forms may be downloaded from the website saep.gov.gd. or can be collected at the Ministry of Agriculture Extension Division Offices and SAEP’s Office or the Ministry of Carriacou & Petite Martinique Affairs Office.