CALL FOR PROPOSALS
CLIMATE SMART AGRICULTURE GRANT FUNDING FOR FISHERS & FISHERFOLKS
DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 16TH, 2022
The objective of the Climate Smart Agriculture and Rural Enterprise Programme (SAEP) is to improve the livelihoods and resilience of beneficiaries by accessing new jobs, start-up businesses or consolidate new businesses and adopt Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA) practices including Climate Smart Sustainable Fishing Practices (CSSF). This is aimed at increasing the sustainability of beneficiaries and will assist farmers including backyard gardeners, fisherfolks (aqua and mariculture) and members of rural communities, women and youth, to have a better understanding of climate change (CC) issues.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Beneficiaries of the Climate Smart Agriculture & Rural Enterprise Programme (SAEP) who would have received technical and extension support from SAEP’s Fisheries Assistants.
WHAT DOES THE GRANT FUND?
- Aquaculture (Fresh Water Fish Production)/Mariculture (Sea-moss Production)
- Packaging materials including Labels
- Innovative Technology (Fishing Aggregate Devices- FAD)
- Equipment (New)
- Specialized technical assistance, permissions and certifications
- Sustainable fishing equipment/gears (New)
- Solar drying (fish and seamoss drying)
- Must be registered or willing to be registered with the Fisheries Department and is actively involved in fishing and other mariculture activities;
- Must submit copy of health certificate where applicable;
- Must indicate intended method of fishing and/or type of engine to be used;
- Willingness to make 20% equity contribution (of which 10% in cash).
- All supporting documents listed must accompany the proposal
HOW MUCH WILL THE GRANT FUNDING PROVIDE?
Maximum funding of USD $8,000 ($21,505.60 XCD). Beneficiary’s contribution should be 20% equity, of which 10% in cash.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday September 16th, 2022. Forms may be downloaded from the website saep.gov.gd. or can be collected at the Ministry of Agriculture Extension Division Offices and SAEP’s Office or the Ministry of Carriacou & Petite Martinique Affairs Office.
ENVIRONMENAL AND SOCIAL MANAGEMENT REQUIREMENTS
The Project funded by this initiative must provide a mitigation plan e.g. Management Plan for any potential Social and Environmental issues that may occur during its implementation. To determine if the plan is required, review the following environmental related questions which are applicable to your project:
- Does the proposal allow for social equity with the inclusion of women and youth?
- Does the proposal allow for the social upliftment including the improvement of livelihood?
- Does the proposal include the construction of infrastructure?
- Does the proposal include waste disposal of agricultural or fish related products?
- Does your proposal involve use of water or access to it?
- Does your proposal involve storage and use of fuel?
If the answers to any of the following questions are “yes” please include in the proposal an identification of the potential risks and the respective mitigation measure which will be used.